Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Sector: Building Services
Benefits: Fantastic Benefits
We are working on behalf of one of the country’s top independent, multi-disciplinary engineering consultancies. They are experts in building design, civil engineering, infrastructure and industrial project management.
Involved with all sectors of the construction industry they are specifically looking mechanical and electrical engineers to deliver projects for private sector clients throughout the UK.
They provide superb engineering consultancy and offer multidisciplinary services from offices across the UK however are looking to expand at their London office.
They are urgently looking for someone to come and take on existing projects with a forward thinking mentality. They are offering the right candidate a chance to progress through an established company who can manage a team and who is technically articulate.
Working as an electrical design engineer you will have experience in design, inspection, testing, commissioning, operations and maintenance of electrical systems. Ideally you will have gained experience on all phases of projects including electrical design engineering and site management.
This role will have unique challenges offered by differing project. You will and know how to successfully execute projects to a high standard.
Your duties will involve but not be limited to:
• Working as part of the Electrical team together with Mechanical & Plumbing (MEP) team members
• Preparing basic design documents to form part of tender packages
• Carrying out site surveys of existing installations
• Supporting the contractor during the construction phase of the project and reviewing documents submitted by contractors
• Communicate effectively with both technical colleagues and external team members
• Supporting the Client through from concept through to completion.
• Manage other engineers and designers and helping to mentor graduate engineers.
Qualifications & Experience
• Working towards or have Chartered Engineer status with a recognised engineering body (e.g. CIBSE)
• B.Eng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering