Mechanical Contracts Engineer
Location: South East
Sector: Building Services
Benefits: Fantastic Benefits
A very established International Construction and Building Services Engineering company with a £500m T/O. Their expertise is across many construction sectors including design and install of Building Services to Commercial, Residential, Public Sector and Rail. Recent tender successes means they now require a Building Services Manager to manage the Building Services engineering element of their multi £m projects. They require a Mechanical Project engineer to complement their team
The role requires a senior mechanical project engineer with demonstrable knowledge within the building services industry having delivered a number of sizeable projects on a wide variety of building services solutions. Whilst being meticulous to detail you will be adept to completing projects to a high standard working in highly pressurised, regulated and challenging site based environments.
You will build good working relationships with all levels of both the internal and external project team members, whilst ensuring the mechanical element of the project is delivered within budget, on time and to specification.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE Mechanical Project engineering will include:
• Alignment of drawings, schedules and specifications taking into account the tender submission
• Raising and recording RFI's
• Procurement of mechanical and public health plant
• Letting of mechanical and public health sub contract packages
• Monitor and ensure that the work of the appointed specialist sub-contractors is being carried out to specification and programme
• Site based engineering working with the project team from pre commencement to practical completion
• Ensure that the health and safety message is visible and alive throughout the activities relating to the project
• Working with the commercial team in the management of change and associated cost
• Compilation of O&M manuals
• Working with the principal contractor, architects, design consultants and supply chain
• Awareness of planning, commercial, design and CAD
• Organisation and time management skills
As part of a team, manage the successful completion of the mechanical and public health works in line with agreed time scales and cost restraints
Building services knowledge is critical for this role as well as a demonstrable MEP/Technical Services Manager/ Main Contractor management knowledge.
Qualifications & Experience
Some or all -
BTEC ONC Building Services Engineering (HVAC)
BTEC Higher national certificate in building services engineering (HVAC)
B.Sc or B.Eng in Mechanical Engingeering (Building Services)
This is a fantastic career opportunity for an MEP/Mechanical Building Services engineer looking for their next career role.
Press the apply button to find out more.