Junior Sous Chef
Location: South East
Industry: Trades & Labour
Junior Sous Chef
We are looking for a dedicated and motivated Junior Sous Chef to assist the Senior Sous Chef with managing all kitchen daily operations. As part of a kitchen team within a luxury 5 star hotel nestled in the Hampshire countryside near Fleet.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Junior Sous Chef who wishes to progress their career to the next level.
The role entails reporting to the Sous Chef and Head Chef with responsibility for all aspects of food preparation and delivering customer excellence in the finished dish.
This role is suitable for someone currently in a similar role, who is driven, hardworking and possesses a very high understanding of the kitchen. Excellent communication skills are crucial, as well as strong leadership skills and an ability to train new members of the team.
The ideal Junior Sous Chef will have:
• Current / previous experience as a Junior Sous Chef within a similar environment where quality and consistency go hand in hand.
• Concise communication and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of the entire kitchen operations.
• Thorough knowledge of food hygiene, health and safety.
• Ability to assist in leading a large team confidently.
• Driving the team with passion and flair to assist the hotel to achieve its quality and business objectives.
• Practice and promote effective teamwork and communication amongst your direct work colleagues and colleagues in other departments.
• Experience of developing and producing high quality restaurant food
• Demonstrate during a cooking trial the practical ability and flair that will be required to drive and motivate others on the team to achieve
• Live locally or have the ability to relocate to the area with own transportation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate and there is a great remuneration package offered in return.
Qualifications & Experience
Salary of £26,000 - £28,000
This permanent role.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.