Building Services site manager- electrical
Sector: Building Services
A construction Group that has technical knowledge and expertise so allowing them to undertake the most complex of Construction projects. This Main Contractor has a UK turnover in excess of £1 billion per annum and Regional offices around the UK. They have an excellent reputation for staff retention and satisfaction. They take every aspect of Construction to the highest level of quality which includes an already established Building Services management team offering support to all its staff.
This project has just commenced with 1st fix electrical and mechanical installations and our client requires an electrically biased Site Manager – electrical building services - for this £60m Laboratory construction project based in Cambridge - £20m Building Services value. This is a site based, floor- walking role and the ideal candidate will have good Electrical Building Services background, to include trade knowledge, working within specialist environments including Data Centres, Laboratories and/or Pharmaceutical.
As an electrically biased site manager, you’ll spend your time out on site dealing directly with the sub-contractors and their Package Managers managing QA, snagging, progress monitoring, void closures, etc.
This is a minimum 4 month contract.
• Review installed and the co-ordination of services and interfaces
• Witness and sign off services within voids and completed areas
• Liaise with Trade Contractors with regard to design change documentation
• Manage progress and programming
Areas of the project with electrical technical interest include:
• Control systems
• UPS and generators
• Access control & Auto transfer switches
• Small Lighting and LV and HV power supplies
A Site Manager, electrical biased, with Laboratory knowledge is a definite advantage. You will be managing the various stages of the Electrical installation and ensuring delivery through to commissioning/hand-over.
The role is to support both the Construction Manager in driving the installation progress of Electrical works, manage design deliverables and change control on site, ensuring the project stays on programme and built to the required specification.
Qualifications & Experience
* Engineering qualifications within an Electrical Building Services discipline
* Previous employment working with an established Electrical Main or Sub-Contractor Site Manager
* Strong understanding of Laboratory and Research environments